Call for submissions | 2023 Pitch Session
The Sommets du cinéma d’animation are launching the call for submissions for their 2023 Pitch Session! You are an up-and-coming animation filmmaker? You are currently working on a new short film and would like to make it better known? You would love to experience presenting your project in a professional setting? For a fourth year, the Sommets du cinéma d'animation festival is organizing a pitch session entirely dedicated to animated short films! The pitch session will be held at the Cinémathèque québécoise in May, in front of the public and a jury of professionals. The candidates will be invited to answer a few questions from the jury after their pitch.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS → APRIL 10, 2023
The selected projects will be announced in April.
Please take the time to thoroughly fill the submission form within the guidelines requested. You must complete EACH section of the form. Incomplete submissions might be rejected.
- Only Canadian projects are eligible (all transportation and accommodation costs in Montreal are paid by the participants);
- Only short animated film are eligible;
- VR short films are eligible;
- Student projects are NOT eligible;
- Only projects in development and advance enough to face the market will be accepted. Applications limited to a single scenario will not be considered;
- You must be available for a half-day mentoring session in April (date to be confirmed);
- You must be available for a whole day between May 9 and May 14, 2023 for the pitch session at the Cinémathèque québécoise in Montreal;
For your file to be analyzed by the selection committee, you MUST provide these supporting documents. They may be submitted in either English or French.
- Preliminary budget;
- Director's intentions (artistic vision, inspirations, etc.);
- Director's curriculum vitae and motivation letter;
- Producer's curriculum vitae (if already associated with the project);
- Visual support document;
- Note specifying the progress of the project: current status and next steps, objectives, possible commitments contracted (include the name of the producer if applicable);
- Any other relevant support documents and info required in the submission form;
To submit your project, please fill out the SUBMISSION FORM
If you have any question, please contact email@example.com.
The Sommets du cinéma d'animation team thanks you for your interest in its 2023 edition!